- Wake up to your phone spamming you with Could not sign in notifications
- Be somewhat concerned
- Try and resolve it a few hours later
- Realise your username or password is incorrect
- Oh shit
- Try and log in through the Outlook Web App
- Your password has expired and needs to be changed
- Thank fuck
- Your username or password is incorrect
- Try again a few million times
- Try using RDP to log in
- Can’t, password expired
- Hunt your IRC logs to find the admin password
- Finally use Glish to try and log in
- It actually changed it
- thank fuck
EDIT: It didn’t work, I had to get the admin to reset my password for me
It’s currently 2016-01-01 23:51 at the time of writing this, so it’s still New Year’s Day.
Anyway, 2016 was so hectic. From a livestream of a puddle becoming popular, to Brexit and Führer Trump, to dozens of celebrity deaths. Not to mention the heaps of conflicts and terrorist attacks. I’m sure glad it’s the end of 2016, however I doubt 2017 will be much of an improvement.
Personally, I think I’ve learned a lot more than I have in years before. I’ve tried new technologies. I’ve tried old technologies. I never put them to proper use, but I’ve had a blast playing and tinkering with them. (But I enjoyed playing with `rdrand` the most, for some reason).
Anyway, here’s to 2017. Let’s hope it’s not as shit as last year. Maybe my resolution should be to blog more…